ENVIRONMENTAL, SOCIAL & GOVERNANCE
Our practice is driven by our core values. We believe in innovative and thoughtful design that lessens our impact on the planet and maximises our positive impact on the people who use our buildings.
We understand the role that ESG plays in investment decisions and asset management. We don’t view it as a trend; our clients don’t either. We have a responsibility, as a profession and key contributors to the construction industry, to ensure our actions contribute to a better future. Read our policy below.
- Carbon reduction: we strive to reduce carbon through building design and building use
- Circular economy: we continually review opportunities for material re-use, reclamation, recycling, retrofit and future adaptability
- Environmental management: we are ISO 14001-accredited and have a rigorous practice Environmental Management policy which covers our practice operations. Where possible, we endeavour to lessen our impact on the planet through our day-to-day practices
- Certification: we support clients on all projects to attain certification in BREEAM, LEEED, SKA, WELLBuilding and Fitwel accreditation as suits the project’s ambitions
- Continual learning: the practice has invested in carbon-reduction and Passivhaus certification and has a rolling programme of practice-wide CPD
- People first: we continually work to support the people we work with, and design for. We encourage our team to drive the Practice forward through focus and review groups, and embed engagement and consultation in our design process at all stages.
- Outcomes: we believe in healthy buildings and improved social outcomes, and through our experience of wellbeing design practices we can support projects to achieve WELL or Fitwel-accreditation
- Policy: the Practice holds a Diversity and Inclusion policy and takes seriously our profession’s responsibility to drive change in representation
- Charitable giving: we are proud supporters of a range of local and national charities, committing donations from our profits and fundraising efforts each year
- Quality in Practice: we are ISO 9001-accredited and have an in-house Quality Management system for continual review of our operations
- Management: our senior leadership is made up of four Partners who lead across all projects, maintaining oversight from outset to completion
- Communication: we take our responsibility to stakeholders seriously, from our team-members to clients to the people who use our buildings. We communicate clearly and effectively, and are always available.